BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Bug?

Last night was a long night. Emma said that her belly hurt last night before dinner. We kind of shrugged it off as nothing, as today was her first day back at school after being on vacation since the 18th of December. I thought she was getting nervous about going back so I didn't think much about it.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

She hardly ate her dinner last night and she went to bed at 7 pm. She kept coming downstairs saying how much her belly hurt but she did not have to go to the bathroom and there wasn't much that we could do. I went upstairs with her around 9:30 and we laid there and I tried to get her to calm down and go back to sleep.
And then....it happened. It started with a huge burp and a dry heave...it was all over from there. Luckily she had my gift of waiting until there is a toilet/bucket available before tossing her cookies. We made it downstairs and she proceeded to throw up in the toilet. For those of you who know me, you know I don't do puke. I hate it (well who doesn't) and I definitely have a hard time cleaning it. I am so thankful she has good aim! And so the night started. She woke up 5 times last night. She threw up twice, and had to do #2 three times. I thought for sure she would not be going to school.

But this morning she woke up happy and healthy as if nothing ever happened. We think she ate something that was bad. We can't think of any other reason behind her mysterious illness. Emma doesn't puke often, and has a really good immune system. She has been in school for 3 yrs and has never had a stomach bug (though it very well could have been that), but most likely it would have been caused by food. We haven't even left our house since we got home from Florida.

So for now all is well. I am tired, I am sure she is tired...but she is at school and fine. Hopefully she won't get sick there because I will feel really bad for sending her. I am sure she is ok though.

Phil made today special and drove her to school and once she saw her friends she skipped away happy as a clam.

In other news...today is back to life as usual. Emma is back to school, Phil is back to work....vacation is over...and it's just me and Ethan.

0 comments: