BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catch Up

KwikMySpaceComments.com
Thousands of Free Graphics @ KwikMySpaceComments.com


In two days I am going on vacation! YIPPEE! I am so excited, but also nervous....I have to fly...I don't like flying! I know it will be ok, I just hate the thought of being way up there in the air, and no where to go but down! EEK!

On a happier note, I will be going to see a friend of mine from the Navy days! I haven't seen her in 6 years, in fact I wasn't even a mom last time we saw each other. A lot happens in 6 years.

We are going to be attending the Women of Faith conference which should be lots of fun. I can't wait. It's my first vacation without my kids. I will miss them so much, but this is MUCH needed. I am with them all the time, and I have barely gotten a break since I delivered my bouncing baby girl 5 1/2 years ago.
I think I need to make a habit of this....at least once a year. Just to get away, nothing to worry about, I get to sleep through the night....Oh Happy Day!

I am still awaiting news from my SIL. She went into labor yesterday, but not enough to get things going. The baby was in a little bit of distress (low fluid, and low heart rate) so she needed to be induced with Pitocin. I feel bad, cause I hear that Pitocin is Satan himself! She was only 2cm and having contractions every 10 mins at 6 pm yesterday. Right now if she hasn't delivered yet, she will have been in labor for at least 13 hours. I don't envy her. They say you forget the pain of delivery and that may be true when thinking about conceiving another, but when you hear someone close to you is in labor..you can call up those feelings all to well.

Today I have a doctor's appt at 12:10. This is my follow up to be sure that I am doing ok after loosing the baby. Emotionally I feel good right now. I still have my ups and downs but really I think it's my hormones. I was watching a show yesterday called "The Doctor's" They were saying that after you deliver a child your body's hormones are so crazy that it closely mimics what you go through in menopause. They said that you have high levels of estrogen and progesterone and once you deliver your levels begin to drop, some more rapidly than others. Though I did not carry my child full term, my hormones are still haywire. They will be more normal once I get my cycle back. I am now reconsidering whether or not I should go back on the pill. I am thinking perhaps I could just be careful the next few months. If I chart my ovulation I should be ok. I just don't want to be pregnant in Florida. I also don't want to have to go off the pill and wait to try. It would be nice to jump right into it! ;o Plus this new insurance DOES NOT cover birth control of any kind. Going price for the pill I was on generic...was around $140 a month. That's a lot of money to pay to be protected for a couple of days.


Well I should go get moving. It is nearing 8 o'clock and there is lots to do here before I leave for the doctor's including showering. Who knew as a mom, showering would be so difficult? I know I will miss this once they are grown though. So I will try my hardest to appreciate the little hands grabbing at my legs all the time saying "up, up." All too soon, this will pass.

0 comments: