BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Change of Plans

I just got back from my doctor's appointment a little bit ago. The ultrasound results were good all is cleaned out---good news---BUT having done an internal exam he said that I still need time to heal. He said I really shouldn't even be having sex right now. So not what I was expecting to hear. He also said that I should be waiting a few months before I start trying again and I should definitely be on birth control. Also, when I come off of the birth control to wait until I have 2 periods before I start trying. He said that since it may be a while until I get my next period, I need to start the pill today. You can still ovulate during this time, and he in NO WAY wants me getting pregnant right now. He said there is still too much healing to do. So, I start the pill today. I have 3 months worth to take then I can go off and have to wait 2 cycles to try again. Looks like we will be getting a 2010 baby rather than a 2009 baby. Which in some ways is a bummer, but in others it is good. I was really struggling whether or not to go back on birth control. I knew I did not want to be pregnant in Florida, but I didn't want to have to wait to try again after the trip. I had come to the conclusion that I would just by ovulation kits and test and avoid all contact with Phil LOL! for those few days. BUT, the doctor said otherwise! We will not be trying again until next Spring. I have to admit I am jealous of those out there pregnant or trying at the moment...but hey..that was not in the plan for me :) And good news is...Ethan will be close to 3 years old before we have the new one...and hopefully out of diapers.

Speaking of diapers, did I mention how Ethan took a huge turd in his pants right before the doctor came in. He walked in and I warned him that Ethan was "filling his pants" and he responded..."I can smell that!" It was awful! I felt bad...but hey he is a baby doctor afterall...and to be quite frank...he has probably had many mothers poo during delivery so it's not new to him. And he has a son 4 months older than Ethan...so he gets it! I just don't get why kids pick the most inconvenient times to do things like that......got to love them!

0 comments: