BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

The first day on her own


Waiting for the bus in her BUS STOP


Excited for school!

Getting on the bus like a big girl!

This morning we woke up and got ready for Emma's first day of school on her own! WOW! What a day. It's only 11:47 here and I know right now she is in the middle of her lunch time! Ethan is sleeping and the whole house is quiet. It's so weird.

I went over everything with her this morning. Be respectful, don't be afraid to ask for help, sit on the bus...don't stand, etc. etc. The response "I know mom!" I asked if she wanted to wear my necklace in case she got lonely. Her response "Mom, I won't miss you that much!" Wow! What a blow. I love her to death and we've raised her to be independent and somewhat fearless, but not one tear? Not even the least bit of anxiety, or fear! I like that so much more then having her ball her eyes out, and screaming! It's just that mommy part of me wants her to miss and need me! LOL!

One funny thing she said this morning that I wanted to share. When I woke her up it was 6:15. I told her it was time for school and she ok and came downstairs saying she was still tired. Then she looks outside and says "Why are you getting me up for school when it's still night time?" LOL! Too funny! Of course at 6 :15 it's still pretty dark and she was really confused as to why she was going to school at night!

She gets home at 3:25 so I will update you more later!

1 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

I was going to ask also why the heck is it so dark at her bus stop... and she has her name on the bus stop? I've never seen that before.