BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Gluttony

One more for today....I think.

Can I just say that some may think I am an awful mother for allowing this but I was at my wits end. My daughter had literally eaten non-stop for weeks now. The frustrating part is that I don't think she is hungry at all. She will finish breakfast and immediately want a snack. Eat lunch...want a snack before dinner, snack, after dinner snack, before bed, snack. What the HECK! This has to be boredom eating or something. After a while I noticed this pattern and after much begging, pleading, asking, and then yelling...she still does not listen. I find her in the pantry eating. So today she ate all her meals and then some. I went to take a shower and she said she was hungry. I told her not to eat, and when I got out I would make dinner. What do I find when I get out of the shower? Not only had she eaten she had a bag of tortilla chips, a bag of muncheez, and a bag of croutons she was eating from. She then proceeded to eat a WHOLE can of spaghetti o's. Now instinct told me not to give her more after the first helping of spaghetti o's but she begged and pleaded so I gave her the rest of the can and she devoured it. Mind you, Ethan did not eat any of this...she ate the whole can. Afterwards she walks in her stomach hard as a rock complaining her belly hurts. Not that I want to see her in pain, but I think this may be what it takes to finally get through her head that she CANNOT eat nonstop all day. This isn't allowed here nor is it allowed when school starts in the fall. So I made her go to bed with a full belly that was aching. Yes I thought about giving her medicine but I want her to remember this feeling before shoving her face with food next time. So to some, I may be an awful mom...but I had to do what I had to do to get this through her head. I just hope it works.

0 comments: