I am at my wits end. I do not know what to do with my lovely daughter. She keeps beating up on her little brother, and yesterday it went to far. Ethan was standing on the second stair from the bottom and Emma lost her temper and got mad at him and decided she would push him. He went flying onto the kitchen tile, and bumped his mouth and started bleeding.
Her night ended right there. It was 4:30, she ate, took a shower, got a spanking, and went to bed.
I understand that kids will be kids, and they are going to fight, but she can't go around pushing him down stairs. I actually feel bad for her, cause he is already starting to fight back and he is strong. Before I know it, he will be the one pushing her down the stairs!
I just don't know what to do. It's another cycle of her acting up and out. She does not listen to anything we say and is very agressive towards Ethan. It's not like she is a mean little girl, she just has the worst temper, and she lets it get the best of her.
My problem is that I don't know how to help her loose the temper.
I heard about a book called "How to make your children mind, without loosing yours" and I am going to pick it up and hope that it can give me some good advice.
I am thinking things will change a bit once school starts.....well I am hoping it will change. It helps me to know that I made the right decision enrolling her in school. She needs it. She needs to get away from us.
The funny thing is that she doesn't have a temper in school. Not once did it flare up in pre-K. She is such a sweet little girl and no one would even think she had a temper...but she does. And when she is comfortable she lets it rip!
God help me. I am just hoping my son does not have one as well. Or for that fact the new baby too. If they do, boy will I have my hands full.
I love her to death but sometimes, I wish she was in school already. Like i need a break from her. Is that awful? I feel horrible for saying it, but somedays I just want to pull my hair out I am so frustrated with the behavior and I don't know how to correct it.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Frustration
Posted by Andi at 12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Before I finished reading the post I was already thinking about commenting and saying that when Kylie acts like that, I know she needs something more stimulating (like school). It's really terrible if we go a few days without school. She really starts getting in trouble towards the end. I think it'll be fine after she goes to school but like you said, Kids will be kids too. And they will get frustrated with each other. I guess just teaching them that it's not nice and taking something away that they love will make them *hopefully* think the next time. BTW, my advice hasn't worked on my own kids. They still fight. So use at your discretion :)
Post a Comment