BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh what a night.......

Last night was awful! Around dinner time, for no good reason my left eye started to get blurry. I was nervous so I looked up on good old google what that meant being pregnant. It said that blurry vision could just happen because of fluid build up but to call a doctor because it could be hypertension. My doctor does not work in the office on Monday's (it's surgery day) and I really did not want to have to make a trip to the hospital for something stupid so I took my own blood pressure on a machine that Phil had from his doc. It was fine. I can't remember what it was now but I know it was lower than it should be so all was good. Then I began to get a headache. This is nothing new as I am prone to get migraines, but this one was a doozy. By the time dinner was over, I could not even move my head without being in excruciating pain. It was awful. Phil had left to take Emma fishing but said to call if it got worse. It was ok cause the baby was going to bed at 6:30 and I only had a half hour before he was down for the night. So there I lay on the couch with Ethan in awful pain watching the minutes tick away. Finally time came and I put him to bed. Then Phil called and said he was on his way home and for me to go to bed. So I did. I was in bed at 8 o'clock.
I had one of these when I was pregnant with Emma. I got scared about how sudden it came on and I called the doctors. They took me by ambulance to the hospital where I spent most of my night in pain (because of course you can't take a darn thing when your pregnant) and having all sorts of tests run on me....including a spinal tap. Can I just say that spinal taps hurt like HELL! After all that the next morning they sent me home and said "It's just a migraine."
I got headaches a lot as a kid. I think thats where all my stress went. It's funny though, I was not stressed at all yesterday when this came on. It was awful. The migraines I usually get are a pain and they hurt but nothing compared to this feeling. It hurt so much I could feel it in my gut if that makes sense. Luckily after some tossing and turning I was able to sleep.
This morning it is close to being gone. Right now I have lots of tension in my back (which is where my migraines come from) and I feel like I am hung over. I can't open my eyes all the way, I kind of have a dull headache lingering.
Funny thing is, I never got one for this magnitude with Ethan.

So again I ask.....boy or girl?

I am sticking with Girl!

0 comments: